Friday, February 9, 2018

Valentine Shabby Chic Bookmarks DIY

 

 
 
 
I wanted to make something pretty and girly for both my Valentine girl and me and my ideas revolved around making toppers that we would be able to use as decoration. But as I started working with the wire, it struck me that bookmarkers would be much more appreciated and I settled for that idea.
 
This is a good, no sewing idea that works up fast.
 
You need:
* Memory wire
* Lace or tulle pieces (scraps work fine)
* Sateen ribbons
* Glue
 
How to make it:
 
Cut about 50 cm of wire and twist it in half. I wanted something sturdy, so I doubled the wire. Shape a heart at the top and braid the wires together to the end.
 
 
 

Cut a strip of tulle, tie at the inside of the heart's neck. Wrap the tulle around the wire all the way down and glue the bottom part.


Cut a longish piece of ribbon and tie it at the neck of the heart. The ribbon is supposed to hang down. I wasn't satisfied how the light pink tulle's end was glued so I glued a small piece of lace to hide it.


Cut a rectangular piece of lace (about 15 cm long) and insert the heart inside. Gather the sides carefully, tucking them in behind and tie a short ribbon over it to secure it.

 
 
For this bookmark, for the heart part I put the tulle as for the first one, added a piece of lace over it and tied the ribbon. Everything's done in 10 minutes (and maybe less!).
 

 
 
 
How do you like this? Are you planning any Valentine projects? If you are, you might consider making these :)
 
 

10 comments:

Kim said...

Your Valentine's heart bookmarks are very pretty, Maya and imaginative. Such a sweet present. No, Valentine's creating here.....I know a wee bit boring. =)

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

I've already made a Valentine's Shawl... No more Valentine's things planned here though.
I like your bookmarks, very romantic and delicate!
Have a lovely weekend,
Marjan

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Kim! Eva's birthday is on Valentine, so this pto make it extra special :)

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you Marjan! Your shawl is gorgeous and would suffice :)

Divya N said...

These bookmarks do look like basket toppers (esp valentines day or birthday baskets) as they look like heartin candies themselves

Mimi said...

Well, if they aren't the cutest! Love very much. Found you through Paulas linkup. Mimi xxx

Kate said...

These are so chic! I think one would feel rather special to have one of these. :)

Unknown said...

I love the vintage quality of these bookmarks. Such a lovely and creative idea, Maya!

Karren Haller said...

These are the prettiest book markers, so different. But all of your jewelry is so unique as well!

Thank you for sharing on Friday Features, it is being featured this week and will be Tagged and shared on Instagram, watch for it. It will also be pinned on Pinterest and shared to Facebook.

Now I hope you enjoy the little boost, and stop by again to share.
Have a great weekend!

Kerryanne @ Shabby Art Boutique said...

Beautiful Maya. Thank you for sharing at Create, Bake, Grow & Gather this week.