Wednesday, May 23, 2018

DIY a Victorian Inspired Cuff

 
 
 
 
 
 
Welcome to a crafty Wednesday! Today I am showing you how to make an easy-breezy cuff. If you are not into cuffs you can use this idea to make a corsage. 
 
What you need:
(vintage) fabric, crochet (velvet, fabric) flowers, beads and ribbon (sateen or velvet). Fabric glue, sewing needle and thread.
 
Cut 15 cm rectangle piece. You can leave it as a rectangle. I like to gradually narrow it at the end for effect. My fabric is synthetic so I singed the edges to stop fraying.
 

Next, some light sewing. Put the fabric under the foot and push it as you sew to get the ruffles. Cut ribbon that would be sufficient to tie it around the wrist. Glue the ribbon over the ruffled piece.


I wanted to use a velvet ribbon but had none in any of the colors of the fabric so I used sateen and added / glued a sequin ribbon at the sides to make it sparkly a little bit.



Position the flowers on the cuff and sew them nicely.

Cut a strip of fabric and glue it at the back to hide the machine stitching (of the whole cuff) and hand stitching (of the flowers).
 
It cannot be easier than this.

 

 
 
I made this cuff for myself and used a piece of my grandma's dress. I saved many of my grans' dresses and love to use them in my projects. I hope you liked this one.

8 comments:

myrica said...

I love your caff and I have do one myself.
I like the Victorian era and the clothes.
wish you a nice day

Maya Kuzman said...

Thank you dear! It is a favorite period of mine too :)

Mia said...

Gorgeous, Maya!!!!!!!!!!
I remind you that you are a winner of my 1st Blogaversary candy.
Please send me your address to craftartista@gmail.com to be able to send your gift. Kisses, my friend.

Divya N said...

I am very clumsy around bracelets or cuffs. so I hardly make or wear them. I guess I have only made one fabric cuff in the past 9-10 years. But if I do get comfortable around the, I would totally try this out

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

Hi Maya, oh what a pretty cuff you made. I love your pretty flowers on it too. :0)

Alhana said...

As you said, it cannot be easier! I loved that you saved fabric from your grandma dresses so you can make pieces like this. Very pretty indeed.

handmade by amalia said...

Wonderful. I just adore the colors.
Amalia
xo

Atelier Marie-Lucienne said...

Awesome! And you make it look sooo easypeasy... Mine would never be as gorgeous as yours though!